Friday 7 April 2017

Testing a 3 weight

It was another great looking April day, and I'd done more than enough reading of papers to give the urge to escape. Unfortunately my replacement rod tip section for the predator fly rod hadn't yet arrived, so I decided to shift from my original plan of targeting larger carp at a local water to trying to put a bend in the 3 weight rod. Skirting my way around the main roads, following the back lanes, I made it over to a friend's lake. This water was a regular during my early teen years and I knew that there'd be feeding fish about. I had a great afternoon, landing 4 common carp between 3 and 4lbs which gave me a great fight on the light fly tackle. Individuals could be picked out with a gentle flick of the fly over their nose, before they piled for the lilies in the centre- great fun! A short (poor quality) video of the trip is included below!



No comments:

Post a Comment